Friday, October 2, 2009

Making a Difference

I haven't posted in a while... I need an attitude adjustment! So.. I have recently left my position with local government. I worked in the Assessing Department. Last March (when we sent assessment notices), we expected a contentious crowd given the state of the economy. I wanted the staff to be as understanding as possible and try to diffuse taxpayers. I found several quotes that were related to the commonalities of all people and some uplifting ones, etc. One of my favorites was from Abraham Lincoln "I do not like that man, I must get to know him better". Anyway, I printed them up and put it in a plastic upright holder on the counter. About a week before I left my job and was feeling sort of unappreciated, an older woman came in for some documents. After her business was finished, she asked if she could have four copies of the quotes as well. It really made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment