Friday, July 3, 2009

Paying taxes, or once again - Attitude is Everything!

I followed an elderly gentleman in the township hall on Thursday. Property tax bills were mailed on Wednesday and most elderly folks like to pay them right away. This elderly man was literally shuffling up to the building, his head and shoulders bent from age. As he was shuffling in to pay his tax bill, he was WHISTLING! I LOVE THAT! He stopped after he entered the building long enough to comb his hair before he proceeded to the counter and continued to whistle! He wasn't complaining about not being able to straighten or walk any faster than a shuffle. He wasn't complaining about paying his tax bill. He was whistling! What an example for the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom (haha),

    I love your blog posts. They're short and simple, but they remind me of all I should be thankful for. Thank you!

    Love,
    Your Errant Child

    ReplyDelete